Michael Vereecke – President of Customers First Insurance Group
I started Customers First, because I grew tired of losing good paying customers because the Insurance carrier changed direction on what they were looking for in a client.
How does this happen?
- All Auto Insurance carriers use something called an Insurance Score to determine how much they charge you in addition to things like Claims, Payment history, and Driving record.
- Their Actuarials utilize claims data to create a profile of those less likely to file a claim, and sometimes that data is affected by things outside their control, such as fraud, unforeseen events, bad data, etc….
- Or sometimes they just want to grow so they lower rates to increase their market share, knowing that they will keep a certain percentage of clients that just don’t want to take the time to shop.
To me a good customer is one that makes their payments on time, files legitimate claims, and is truthful.
How does being an independent broker help?
- When a carriers changes their scoring models, we can move the clients affected to another company that has more favorable rates.
- Because our carriers know we have more options they are less likely to “buy clients” with an introductory rate.
- We can also match clients to carriers whose coverage best suits their individual needs.
This allows us to to stand on our Service and retain clients because we are kind, courteous, and helpful. After all, if we are not these things then we do not deserve your business.
We are honored to serve your insurance need.